Thursday, July 9, 2009

Shop Pretties

This picture reminds me to find a haven of calm, when life is hectic!

Inner Courtyard, Boston Public Library.


In the past six weeks I have tagged and priced 677 items. I have at least that many more treasures still to tag and price! My records are pretty good and I know about what I paid for things, but it's been a while since I had a shop. I was so delighted when Stephenie agreed to share what she's willing to pay for items. It has been such a useful document. Thanks, Stephenie! I've also wandered into the local shops to get an idea of their prices. I like that kind of market research!

This week I have been working like crazy, here are pictures of some displays and things I have been arranging. btw: These dishes count as 1 item in the tagging arena!


I love this set. There are 100 matching pieces. Each place setting has 8 pieces, 3 plates, 3 bowls and a cup & saucer. Think of all the courses one could serve. Don't think of the dishwashing, because it really has to be done by hand to keep the gold from rubbing off!


The pattern close up.
The colors are so vibrant, I love looking at this set.


This photo is a bit blurry, but you can see all the pieces. I hope some newlywed or engaged person walks in and falls in love with it. It would be such a nice set to start one's married life.




Pretty books and soap on orphan saucers.


These hats were purchased for their millinery flowers, the lace is for a swap and the Bingo cards will be packaged for sale and some kept for altered art projects.

I've shown linens in previous posts, but I have been ironing more. Makes me feel less sloth-like while I watch TV!


I actually had too much stuff in the shop. I tend to make piles on the floor which I avoid no problem, but I notice no one else seems to. I could see the lawsuits as some unsuspecting customer tripped and fell. Or tripped over the stacks of china, broke them and cut themselves to boot! I've moved a lot of extraneous stuff out. I can see what I have and it makes it easier to do displays.

I found some great paper in the piles. This is from a turn of the last century magazine. I also found images that would be lovely framed. Now where did all those empty frames go?


The Royal Sisters
These are two of Queen Victoria & Prince Albert's daughters.


Tomorrow I work on the shop all day. No lunch out, no spider solitaire. I might even leave my computer off (oh no, can I exist without checking email and the pretty blogs?)

Saturday I open the shop.
I won't be ready. Everything won't be priced or cleaned or ironed. The outside garden won't be weeded. But I will open anyway. I've always rather liked Nike's slogan -- "Just do it!"

10 comments:

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Good luck on your shop opening! you have some beautiful items...

the royal sisters are SO pretty.

xo Heather

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Tomorrow????!!!! I've seen your front doors "ajar" lately whenever I drive by! I knew something was going on! My daughter has her girly birthday party tomorrow, but I am planning on squeezing in a trip over there before the festivities begin! =)

The Wrought Iron Gate said...

Oh Marilee,

Congrats on your opening. You have worked so hard, albeit a labor of love, I'm sure. You have some lovely things. Wish I lived closer!

Best Wishes dear friend,
Kay

Natasha Burns said...

How did the shop opening go? I'm dying to hear about it!
I can't believe how much stuff you have tagged, all that gorgeousness!!! All the best, I am sure it will go really well for you :)

shabbyscraps said...

I hope everything went well, it looks like you have some amazing treasures!
xoxo, Tiffany

Building home said...

Aw! The floral dishes are exquisite. Even though the pictures you posted are blurry but still the set look lovely.

cash advance now said...

I’m amazed by all this things you posted here especially the collection of dishes are very beautiful.

Stephenie said...

That courtyard is just so soothing..I would love to see it in person... Your new treasures for your shop are just sooooooo pretty...Just loooooooove the pretty millinery hats...The china is so pretty...Hope all is well..
Stephenie

Lori said...

OHMY!!! those dishes are JUST gorgeous!!! i want them...i really really do...i wish your shop was a little closer to me:) i would be there in a heartbeat!!!

the hats are lovely!!!

thanks for coming over to see me...i am popping you in my reader and link list and i will be back soon:)

Lori said...

wait a minute here...i just realized that i already know you and you are supposed to be IN my reader...i need to go investigate that...my reader has really been acting up lately...