Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winter Respite

I can't say for certain it is the "happiest place on earth," but we sure had fun!
Our last day at DisneyWorld, I made reservations for breakfast inside the Magic Kingdom before it opened to the public. It was great fun to be there with almost no people.

Here is my daughter walking down a deserted Main Street.



Our "Character Breakfast" included visits from Winnie-ther-Pooh, Piglet, Eyore . . .

. . . and my favorite, Tigger.



RIDES at the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.




This is pretty much what it feels to be on the spinning Tea Cups ride with a girl who really likes to go around fast!


I got her ok to post her pictures here, but only if she was not very recognizable! This is what she looked like to me as she was spinning us around!


Part of the line decorations at our newest fav ride -- Toy Story Mania.



AND ANIMALS
Disney's Animal Kingdom has a wonderful area on ecology, conservation and care of the earth. That's a real manatee swimming behind the glass.


And a petting zoo with about ten breeds of sheep.


We went to Epcot too, but the rain and a seagull attack (Really! My daughter has the worst luck with seagulls wanting her food) distracted me from taking any photos that day!

Despite the seagull, we had a wonderful time and would love to go again with the "boys" next winter.

1 comment:

Jayme said...

I love the castle picture! What a nice time to take a winter break and visit somewhere warm. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words of encouragement. I really like your blog, especially the owl graphic. Too cute!