Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Mother's Year

As much as I want the shop to be open tomorrow, it just won't happen! I spent all day today pricing and cleaning. There's still so much more to do, but I am not letting it discourage me! On the plus side I have discovered some wonderful treasures, which I will share this week.

This wonderful book, published in 1905, was lurking in a dark spot. It is now dusted and priced and placed in a section with all things vintage childhood.


Each month has a slightly different chapter illustration and for each day there is a quotation.

June Ninth
But never, in her varied sphere
Is woman to the heart more dear
Than when her homely task she plies,
With cheerful duty in her eyes;
And, every lowly path well trod,
Looks meekly upward to her God.
~ Caroline Gilman.

For all the hard working moms out there!
Enjoy your evening.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Note to self: find cheerful duty. Place in eyes.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You can do anything! You are lifted and sent blessings full of strength and all you need. Blessings dear one and thanks for stopping by.

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

What a cheerful, thought-provoking little book! =) I somehow missed this post!

I will give you a jingle tomorrow (got your message rather late in the day). We have a t-ball game in the morning (last game). I think there is a little party afterwards.

Sasha said...

Hi nice reading your postt

Sasha said...

Nice sshare