Sunday, June 7, 2009

Obsessions


I have never thought of myself as obsessive. Tho if you were to ask my best friends or my husband, I imagine you would get a different answer. My husband would say it in such a sweet and gentle way, as tho being obsessive was the most endearing quality I have. He's nice that way!


Baby Pillows

I claimed to have no cravings while pregnant. My husband suggested, in the kindest way possible that perhaps, just maybe, eating an entire jar of Vlasic Kosher Dill pickles - at one sitting - possibly, might constitute a craving. As I said, he's nice that way. But I digress.


I have just moved boxes and tubs of linens out of the shop. They need to be cleaned and/or ironed and are in the way. Sadly, the ones in the shop are only about a tenth of the whole!



It was this moving experience which prompted me to muse on the topic of obsessions. Because, no matter how you look at it, the number of linens I have amassed over the last 10 years constitutes an obsession! I can no longer just make the comment, "I like linens." Yes, I do like linens, but I think it has gone beyond just liking them! Today I considered the obsessive element to my collecting!




Luckily this obsession does not include hoarding! I am happily anticipating selling every one. Not so happily anticipating washing, line drying, ironing and pricing them all. But then I think I might just be a bit lazy! And it's a really big job!

3 comments:

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

I SIMPLY CANNOT believe that you have had these gorgeous linens tucked away all this time.... my goodness, open that shop already! =) You will have them knocking the door down! =)

The French Bear said...

Wow, I want them, yes please hurry and open your shop!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Mary said...

whew! that's a lot of linens! but all of them look so pretty, no wonder you've collected so many