Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

The images seem right for the season, don't they?


I have not done much Halloween decorating this year. With no kids at home and no trick or treaters (really, no one comes to our house), I just never got around to it.


As I was hanging this lace from the clothesline I was reminded of cobwebs in school carnival haunted houses. Its as close to Halloween decorating as I got this year!


Have I mentioned the intense involvement I had in my kids' elementary school PTA? Maybe one day I will write about the joy (and frustration) I found in that full-time, unpaid position. Needless to say, I am very familiar with school carnival haunted houses!


The wind was picking up when I hung these pieces of lace.


Untangling lace is almost as difficult as untangling small necklace chains and much scarier!


Have a wonderful day & evening.
I'll be thinking of my kids and wondering, despite their 20-something-ness, are out there in great costumes, politely (or not) calling
"TRICK OR TREAT!"

7 comments:

Susan said...

Boo!

Karen said...

If you write a book, so will I! The stories we could tell! Did every position there was, including President for two years. And had an ABSOLUTE BALL! I could not imagine my life had I not been involved with all the wonderful people in my kids' elementary school. As a matter of fact, I am off to Michigan next week for a week stay with the former school secretary! She just lost her husband, so I'm going to go back and we are going to have a ball together. Antique stores of Michigan - LOOK OUT!
HAGD! Karen

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

I wouldn't mind being a spider tangled in all your lovely webby lace... dreamy! ;)

Catherine said...

Happy happy Halloween. I'll be seeing you soon at SB :)
Catherine

The Wrought Iron Gate said...

The hanging lace does, indeed, look like cobwebs.......in a very shabby chic way. Love the idea. I wish I "failed to decorate" with that much flair.

I was a PTA president, as well. Very rewarding, exhasting, and fun. I loved being involved. I was a Girl Scout leader, Youth Coordinator, at church, Cheerleading Mom, Team Mom, Band Booster, Carnival Coordinator, Homecoming Adviser, among others. And I did all this while working full time. Boy am I tired!!!

Best Wishes,
Kay

Elyse said...

this is just awesome!

xo

Anonymous said...

Pretty!
Happy Pink Saturday!