Monday, October 5, 2009

More Bricks


Did you know sand & gravel yards have concrete piles?


Brick, concrete, pavers, etc all can be dumped for a fee.


However, if you want to take said brick, pavers, etc there is no cost.


We were able to salvage 50 of these stamped bricks.
The fancy brick is my favorite.


I found this cool, curved rock. It works great at the corner of the raised garden bed. The stamped bricks border the patio


The pathway from the front porch to where we park our cars.


The unexpected patio!
The bricks on top as waiting to be cut with the tile/brick saw.
The buckets hold stone dust.


I think it took my son an hour to get all the brick dust off the saw & table.


Covered in brick dust. He's usually a natural blond.
I was very sorry we don't have an outdoor shower, and one with hot & cold water. My son determined this much brick dust would play havoc with our drains, so he turned the hose on himself to rinse off.

For previous posts about this project, click here here, and here. I will share more pics of the finished path and patio (yes there are more!), but my son has asked for posts about bricks and I want to honor his request. He's off on a new adventure. I'll post about that soon too.
This is for you sweetie!

6 comments:

Lori said...

that is just looking wonderful!!! your son is such a hard worker...and he is doing a beautiful job!!!

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

I'm so excited to say that I have the priviledge of seeing this work in progress in person! ;) It's GORGEOUS!

Rose Brier Studio said...

Thank you Lori, I love it when people say nice things about my kids!

Louise, it looks like it's always been there, doesn't it? We like the old look, undulations in the level and all! LOL
~Marilee

Catherine said...

WOW...what a project! It is already beautiful can't wait to see it when it is entirely finished. Thanks for sharing.
Catherine

Susan said...

That looks great! I need to swing by.

Brittany said...

This is a great post thanks for writing it