Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday from Disneyland


My mom and I went to Disneyland on her birthday. Admission to a single park is their gift to everyone on their birthday, you just have to sign up online before you go.



Despite its very irritating song, "It's a Small World" is a very pretty ride. It has recently been renovated and hey, my mom wanted to go on it!



Tom Sawyer's Island has always been a favorite of my mom. Our yearly family vacations were tent camping or backpacking in the Sierra. If we could have camped out here she would have been so happy!



I hope I look this good at 80!



I learned about this magical place here. I don't know the password, and I haven't been behind the door, but I love knowing it is a fabulous secret place! Visiting is on my bucket list!



It was a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Susan said...

When I was little I had a Disney World coloring book. I remember it had Tom Sawyer's cabin in it and I wanted to live there.

Natasha Burns said...

Happy Birthday mom! Wow she does look fabulous at 80! are you sure she is 80?
I'm dying to know what's behind the door, I'm intrigued!
happy Easter,
Natasha : )