Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Museum of Lace and Textiles

TRIP ~ DAY 5

In Berkeley, the most fantastic treasure-trove.
2982 Adeline St. at Ashby St, across from the Ashby BART station.  Click on the links for more info &  photos.
Visit the LACIS Museum website


Look Up!
Those are not lampshades, they are hoop skirts!

A display of Bridal treasures.

I fell in love with this blouse!

 The Museum.

Pocket detail from men's westkit.

 
Embroidered piece for pockets & collar.

 Homey piece from the 1930's or 40's.
Cotton dyed and embroidered.
Grandma made many pieces like this!

 Throughout the store they have these displays (like Target uses to hold posters) showing the most amazing lace, linen, glittery bits, et al.  I spent about an hour in the shop/museum, but I could have spent 5 and taken hundreds of pictures.  Everything filled me with wonder!

 Handerchiefs with handmade lace.

Crochet Lace.

 
Filet Crochet, with Satin Stitch embroidered over.
I love the combination of techniques!

Rather out of focus, :-(
Still I wanted to include this photo for the amazing depth of their displays.

 

2 comments:

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Be still my achin' heart! I would take my sleeping bag if I ever set foot in that place -- they'd have to drag me out! Ohhh those hankies... I could stare at them all day. Someday remind me to show you my wedding hankies! ;)

Rob Stupay said...

I really enjoyed your blog posts thank you